● Wants to double check things to be sure before deciding/reacting
● Uncomfortable being pressured to hurry and make up their mind
● Tends to opt for the lowest risk choice
● Will second guess a decision even if it is the correct choice
● During competition, will cautiously overthink things rather than just playing instinctively
● Actions and thoughts like hesitancy, reluctance, and uncertainty
● May hold back with intensity
● The athlete’s sport and position need to be considered. A low scoring athlete in Decisiveness may have fewer mistakes because of caution and deliberate decision making; not just paralysis by analysis.